Officer applications for the next academic year are now open! Over the past year, the officer team has run dozens of events, from the Controversial Movie Nights and Know Your Arguments to Progressive Picnic, the Flying Spaghetti Monster Dinner, and Darwin Week.
I’m excited to say that applications are now open for this year, open to any who would like to set the direction for UNIFI for years to come and be a part of these great events! If you’re wondering if you should apply, the short answer is YES, but if you have more questions, see last year’s Officer Application FAQ.
For the upcoming year, there are four officer positions open in addition to President and Vice President. They are the following:
- Director of Finance: This officer manages UNIFI’s finances, merchandise, and is responsible for coming up with effective ideas for fundraising. A strong math or finance background is not needed to be successful in this position; all responsibilities can be learned.
- Director of Activities: This officer oversees event planning and promotion, and is responsible for thinking of new event ideas.
- Director of Public Relations: This officer runs the UNIFI blog and social media outlets (including Facebook and Twitter) and acts as a liaison to other groups.
- Director of Membership: This officer plans and implements our recruitment and retention efforts, and finds new ways to recruit members.
For a more detailed description of each of the above positions, and for general officer expectations, click here. Not sure how you would fit in, but think you might fill a role needed in the officer team? Apply for the position of Coordinator and fill in the rest.
The officer application process goes as follows:
- Fill out the attached application form. These will be due Monday, March 30th by 5:00 PM. We will put together an interview schedule, and inform each applicant, by e-mail, of the date, time, and place of the interview. The interviews will include both the prepared questions and some impromptu questions.
- Consider the prepared questions. We expect detailed and well-thought out responses.
- Come to your interview!
- The new officer team will be announced on Wednesday, April 15th.
The interview will consist of your responses to both prepared and impromptu questions. Three prepared questions are provided on the application form, and these must be completed and brought to your interview in addition to completion of the application form.
The application form is linked here.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please contact either Aaron Friel at [email protected] or Natalie Kaufman at [email protected] Additionally, we encourage you to speak with former UNIFI leadership, listed at the bottom of the attached application form.
We look forward to your responses, and good luck!
Your President and Vice President-elect,
Aaron Friel and Natalie Kaufman